Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Hometown

I've never really thought much about having a "hometown." I was born in Vicenza, Italy, but only lived in this beautiful place until I was 10 months old. My family and I then moved to Columbus, Georgia. I don't remember much about living here other than a few memories of daycare and Dippin-Dots at the mall. I also fondly remember the layout of our tiny home. Other than that the rest is foggy. At four we jumped a few states over to Louisiana. Again these memories are quite unclear, save St. Patrick's Day in Pre-School and seeing my aunt and cousins for the first time! Three short years later we moved north to Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania. Oh the stories I could tell of this place! I will always have a visual picture of Main Street in my mind and the snow up to your knees. Up until sixth grade I lived and learned here. I have so many great memories and friends back there. Only five years ago did my family and I move here to Hurtsboro, Alabama, yet it still seems like yesterday that I lived in the Keystone State. Now I am back in the south once more, equaling my time north and south. So there-in-lies the question, where is my hometown? Is it south? The place I live now and will finish my memorable high school days? North? The area so many fond memories remain? Or how about Italy? My birthplace not remembered or seen but still loved? Well, as for me, I would say no where. I love to travel and I wish to see the world one day. I don't want to be from just one place, I wish to be of the world! My hometown is north, south, east, west and every place in between!

No comments:

Post a Comment