Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"New Life"



"New Life"



The usually cold, scary feeling of a hospital room was not so as I walked into the room to comfort my young, beautiful wife, who was head over heels in love with. I arrived at the hospital just before 8:00 p.m to be there to celebrate the arrival of our new, handsome baby boy, who was only 7lbs, who was still slightly purple, and who was quietly sleeping in my wifes arms, Aiden. The sleek, shiny metal of the hospital bed railing didn't seem so scary anymore as I looked to see my wife holding our baby. I didn't even notice how hard and uncomfortable the hospital room chairs were or even stop to watch the ending of my favorite movie which was playing on the television set above my fragile wifes hospital bed. The pastel colored painting of grassy fields and many cows hanging on the hospital wall had nothing on the view outside the window. The skies were beautiful pastel pinks and baby blue colors, the hazy white clouds covering it partially, and the mountains, blue in the distance, never looked so vividly colorful and clear. On that day early in the month of July, I could not explain the joy and happiness that overcame me when I looked to see my wife, who had made it through the painful delivery before I could arrive, holding our new baby boy. As I glanced at his face, still a little blue from delivery, I could imagine myself one day teaching him how to hunt deer or go fishing like me and my dad did when I was a little one. My wife cried with tears of joy, wiping her eyes with the Kleenex tissues that sat on the stand beside her bed. She was trying so hard to ring the empty plastic trash can with the dirty tissue which made me laugh as I was tryng to hold back my own tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment