Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Things That Matter :)

As i walked into the glowing room of happiness, my eyes were captured by the scene of my beloved wife swaddling our new bundle of joy. The clock read seven -thirty as I walked over to the bronze metal-framed hospital bed to catch a glimpse of our new baby girl. It was almost like the sea had parted when we made eye contact. Her eyes glowing into mine made my heart swell up with love. I sat on the stained oak rocking chair as my wife and I chatted about the bright future we were about to face. By the bedside I noticed a bright colored filled bowl of fruit that left my taste buds watering, an empty baby bottle, a water glass and a plastic pitcher. My eyes were focused on the tv, but I could not concentrate for all the excitment. I gathered up the tissues and placed them into the empty trash can. Soon after, I took duty of our new addition as my wife slept. I looked around the sun glazed room and noticed the pastel painting of cows standing in a grassy field, with the sun and mountains in the background. This painting gave me an enduring feeling and reminded me of home; hopefully, someday I could give this to my wife and our new daughter. The room my new little family was in, was one of a kind. It was where a new memory was made, a beautiful baby girl was born, and a happy family was starting their life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment