Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New Life



Walking into the warm, but cool and comfortable hospital room, I couldn't keep a smile off my face. It felt like a dream; my beautiful wife asleep in a metal-framed hospital bed, and our gorgeous, sweet new baby girl, Miley, peacefully sleeping in a bassinette by her. The box of Kleenex that was once full was almost gone, from all the crying when our baby girl was born. As I sat in the hardback chair in the room, I looked out the window with the sun setting behind the blue mountains in the distance, and I noticed the painting of pastel of cows standing in the grassy field. The t.v. on an apparatus was on from my wife watching tv, but it was silent because I turned down the volume so that Miley wouldn't be woke up. The night stand beside the hospital bed with a half full glass of water on it, a half eaten bowl of fruit, and a clock radio was full of flowers and gifts from all our family and friends. As I sat thinking about everything that had just happened,even though I was happy and excited I was pretty scared about it too. All I could think about was what if I'm a bad dad and my daughter won't love me? Every thought possible was running through my head and I couldn't help but think about these things, but looking at my beautiful wife and baby girl, brought me back to reality and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment